Monday, April 14, 2008

San Diego - Getting There

When you were little, on vacation, did you ever think your parents knew where they were at all times?

I always thought my parents knew exactly where they were, always. On every highway, in every city, at every activity, always. Even when we drove down some pretty questionable streets in Chicago. Dad just said, "I know where we are."

I guess the trick is to not show you are lost, that you are in complete control and keep your cool. Well, I failed. (not to mention we had been up since 4am) Although my navigator, let's call her Millissa, did not. She kept telling me to calm down and relax. We landed in San Diego, rented a sweet minivan, drove back to the airport and picked up Mom, Tyler and Angela... yes, all by ourselves. Millissa said, "We did it!" we felt that we had really accomplished something this day.











4 comments:

Brooke said...

That looks like a fun vacation. I could always tell when my dad was lost. He had a heavy and determend walk with his cowboy boots, I thought it made people look at us then I got embarrassed.

nataliejustin said...

I wish you would of asked millissa how she was doing on the plane I would of liked to of seen her face. Looks like fun I am very jealous!

Jen B. said...

Millissa looks super skinny!!! woo, woo!!

Jen B. said...

I just watched the clip~~ HAHA!!! "turn it off!" LOL!! Milissa you are so funny!!!