Wednesday, April 30, 2008

13 Years... Already?


It's funny how little events can change you life forever.

14 years ago Millissa jumped out of the back set of a cramp little car. We were cruising Spanish Fork main street wasting time one Saturday night. Yes, cruising... The first words she said to me were, "Nice stereo" from that moment I knew she was the girl for me.

A week later she showed up at me house and asked me when I was going to take her out. The next day we went fishing, and hung out the rest of the day... we were stuck together from that day on.

After dating for awhile she asked me, "Where are we going with this?" I replied, "I dunna know?"

We were engaged on Jan 17, 1995. (
For the record I did ask the most important question the "Will you...") On April 29th, 1995 we were married.

I'm glad she asked those few, but important questions that have changed my life forever.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww cute!!! Congratulations I didn't know it was 13 years!!!

Angela

Brooke said...

Way to go! Time goes by so fast. You two make such a wonderful and beautiful couple:)

nataliejustin said...

Crusing? wow, I did not know you guys did that,:) and 13 yrs, you guys are old! Holy crap I remember your wedding like it was yesterday. I love you guys and I am so happy for you. Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Great tribute to Millissa, Garrit! I love you both!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Like Natalie I also remember your wedding being just yesterday, no wait I can't remember because I missed it. But I still love you guys!

Tavis Johnson said...

Congratulations!:) So you must have gotten married when you were only 12 then! Your header cracks Tavis and I up. It is awesome!!!-leslie

Anonymous said...

That's cute!

Jen B. said...

All good stories begin with main street!!!