Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Another Season Done


Another season of soccer came to an end today. I think they had more fun playing in the rain watching their hair get wet and whipping it around their heads, than going after the ball. Then once they had a chance to kick the ball, it was so wet it slid off their feet.

It rained pretty hard for most of the day today. As I made my way down to the field I must have had 7 calls from parents asking if we were still going to play... of course we were still playing, a little rain never hurt anyone.

We won't talk about the score. After all, we don't keep score. right?

We passed out their medals and said our good-byes. This team was a great team. Too bad it takes them the entire season to get to know each other and play their correct positions. I really enjoyed seeing the high-fives and the smiles after someone made a good play.

Until next season...

5 comments:

nataliejustin said...

That was written very well, it sounds like the ending naration to a intense sports movie (and I am not being sarcastic). We end our season next week. Good job Elle! sounds like you've had a great season.

Brooke said...

Sounds like fun. That is a beautiful picture.

Anonymous said...

Elle good job, you are one great soccer player....! Love Ya!

Aunt Angela

Shauna said...

Way to go Elle! Soccer ROCKS! I'm sure you are a great player.

Shauna said...

Way to go Elle! Soccer ROCKS! I'm sure you are a great player.