Saturday, May 31, 2008

Moving Day!








I thought I had more photos. I guess I am going to have to take more...

We sort of kept this to ourselves for about a month and a half. We wanted to make sure that things where going to really happen or not. To our luck and the hard work of Paul Carter (The Loan Guy) and Lynn Dahlberg (The Realtor) we made it happen.

(sorry in advance for my poor grammar, and long windedness)

The Story:
After selling our house last February (2007) we shacked up with Mom. We have had more than enough room living there, but it was not ours. Although it has been nice living here to interact with Gramma and Great Gramma. Millissa would go out looking with Lynn nearly twice a week to different homes from Provo to Lehi. They have some really good stories of some of the homes they saw.

Long story short... Tyler was working on some town homes in Lehi. His company, Trades Company did all the finish work in them, ok I need to brag a little. Tyler's crew does an amazing job. It's no wonder they are so busy. Anyway, he mentioned this to us and that we should go out and look at them to see what we thought. We had been to so many homes and not even considered a buying a town home. We walked in the model home and we where sold.

Everything moved quickly. We had 3 options May 6th, June 15th or August. We took the May 6th completion date. The date got moved a number of times due to construction and the cold weather. Everything was going smooth until we noticed they had put in the wrong cabinets. (Not Tyler's fault) That was the only hold up we had.

So now we come to "Moving Day." Natalie and Justin Henderson lent us a Truck and BIG trailer. It earned the name of "the big ass trailer." The truck was a Ford king cab about 25 feet long. The trailer was another 40 feet. This was NOT like driving my Honda Civic... I had a hard time adjusting to the "bigness" but got more comfortable with each mile.

Driving that thing through the storage unit was a nightmare. I clipped a security camera and had to drive over their lawn - which I got stuck in. Now there are some nice, deep tire marks in the grass.

It only took us about an hour to load up the trailer. I chickened out when it came down to backing that thing into our place. Not only can Tyler build great things with wood, he can also drive like a pro. He got the truck down a narrow road filled with construction workers, then got it back out.

Special thanks to:
Dad and Ray, Tyler and Angela Johnson, Mike Stansfield, Dan, Karen and Orion Stuart, Sam and Buddy, Mom for babysitting and Oh yea, Elle. (get some sugar in her and she's a work horse)

8 comments:

Shauna said...

Yea!!!!! I can't wait to come over and see the place! Maybe dinner? (hint-hint)

Anonymous said...

I want to see pictures! :) Reading about your moving day makes me very excited for ours :)
Happy for you guys!

Brooke said...

Congrats! I want to see more pics of the place! I bet Mellissa is going to have it decorated perfectly before you know it.

nataliejustin said...

So exciting!!! I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to come over and bug you!

Anonymous said...

I saw you put some pictures up, but I want even more! Can't wait to see it in July :)

Jen B. said...

Hey congrats! And thanks for telling us so we could help you move!!! NICE! Anyway I can't wait to see it! It looks very nice!

Chels Grubbs said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! Finally a garage!!! I want to see more pictures!!!

ps. where did you guys get your moving boxes?

. said...

For the best boxes go to the state liquor stores...

Plus, when you move it helps you get out of church callings for a while.