Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy B-Day America





I don't think I have ever taken a day off just to relaxed. I mean really, how many days do you take off to sit and relax? Seems that every time we get together with family on a day off/holiday we end up more tired than any of the busiest days at work.

We woke up 5:30am, ok the alarm went off then... We had places saved at the Parade in Provo. And, I just realized I have been going to this Parade for pretty much my entire life. All I can say is, the things we parents will do for our kids. (you that are parents understand)

After the parade we were off to the America Fork canyon, with all the other people in Utah. We found a nice quite place and set up shop. Dan cooked up a great meal hambugers, hot dogs, corn and some of Millissa's salads. We played and had a good time. I think we ended up taking half the dirt from the canyon back to the house.

We met up with Great Grandma and Grandma Johnson (Mom) we wanted a rematch of a little game of Hand and Foot... Mom and Millissa beat Great Grandma and I last week, Great Grandma was in one of her goofy moods, I think that's why we lost. So the rematch was on. Grandma stepped up tonight and we spanked them good.

We ended up getting home around 11:00. We met another one more of our neighbors who were really nice. Come to find out. He was one of my Mom's students at Manilla Elem. and the son of Elle's old Principal. So a long day and 2 dirt clawds later we called it a night.


Nana helping Saige clean off her feet.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

What a cute little family!

nataliejustin said...

You're kids always have the cutest outfits for the 4th. Pretty girls!! Make some more!!